Since my last “Sunday Reflections” post… a few things have happened. Actually, thirteen days have happened to be exact. BUT aside from the passing days, I just finished week three of both the Fall semester and preseason, and football season has finally begun (OU has won 2-0, beating Akron last weekend and Tennessee this weekend)!!!
Here are the awaited Sunday thoughts and reflections of mine…
Things I Learned:
1. Rest. It’s more important than you think. Rest is when you recover and get stronger.
2. Taste buds change! I absolutely hated cucumbers and cherry tomatoes growing up (along with a list of other things), but one of my roommates recently made her favorite (and DELICIOUS I might add) “mango salad” dish. It includes corn, black beans, mango, cucumbers, red onions, cherry tomatoes, and a vinaigrette mixture and I absolutely loved it! My point is – Keep trying things! You just never know. 😉
3. Watch Friends. When you’re feeling down, it’s the very best medicine.
What I Did Well:
1. I ate breakfast EVERY day this week. (And I plan on keeping that up.)
2. Blogging. I didn’t think I was going to have much time to blog, but it has turned out otherwise. However, I’m sure as the time goes on and I get loaded with even more assignments and readings, that will no longer be the case.
What I Can Do Better:
1. Go to sleep before 12am… A lack of sleep really does affect your overall health… Attitude, nutrition, health, recovery, and thinking.
2. Read… I LOVE READING. I love reading for many reasons, but the book I started a week or so ago (A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown)… I haven’t gotten past the first three pages. Not because it isn’t good, but because my mind has been everywhere else.
Current Top 5 “Most Listened To” Songs:
1. Afire Love by Ed Sheeran
2. Just Be Held by Casting Crowns
3. Stand by Britt Nicole
4. Stitches by Shawn Mendes
5. Thunder by Leona Lewis
What You Can Expect to Come:
1. Official practices start tomorrow! I guess this one doesn’t really affect you, but it is coming so I felt it deserved to be on here.
2. More blog posts and more additions to my “Works of Heart” page… DUH!
And that’s a wrap! More later…