I’ve been staring at this blank screen for a while now… Hoping that some thought that I have jumbled in my head would come to fruition. That won’t be the case, though. What is in my head at this moment has already been expressed elsewhere. My thoughts are foggy and my brain is starved. Therefore, I’ve opted to just do my simple and short “Sunday Reflections” post.
Things I Learned:
1. Mistakes are the best way to learn. Don’t be afraid to make them, but try not to repeat the same ones too often.
2. A good walk cures most problems. Want to lose weight and get fit? Walk. Want to enjoy life but spend less? Walk. Want to minimize stress and clear your head? Walk. Having trouble with a life or work problem? Walk.
3. Sometimes the best listener is a piece of paper (or Word document). Write what you want to say. Write what you feel. Write what you’re thinking. Just write. Maybe you’ll teach yourself something.
4. One way to prevent heartache is to leave when someone starts to mean anything to you.
5. Chances are, nobody thinks as badly about you than you do.
6. Drink a lot of water. Your body will thank you.
7. Never, ever, EVER over-analyze someone’s message to you. Do not sit late at night reading through messages that were sent to you, wondering if they meant something else or not when they said that one thing. Believe me, you will drive yourself crazy.
What I Did Well:
1. I guess I can say that I took some decent pictures yesterday during our annual photo shoot. And by that, I mean the cameras didn’t break and Shevaun did a great job with what she had to work with. 😉
What I Can Do Better:
1. This one won’t happen over night, but I could really work harder on not “caring” so much. I hate to admit it, but I care endlessly about what people think of me. I also relive conversations that people have probably forgotten about on my way home from practice.
2. Smile more.
3. Set my alarm…and actually get up.
Current Top 5 “Most Listened To” Songs:
1. Fly by Maddie & Tae
2. Stand by Rascal Flatts
3. Everybody Hurts by Avril Lavigne
4. I’m Like A Bird by Nelly Furtado
5. Happy by Leona Lewis
What You Can Expect to Come:
1. The usual: More blog posts… More additions to my “Works of Heart” pages…
2. OU football plays at home against West Virginia this Saturday… Boomer!
3. I’m not sure what else… I can barely focus long enough to think about what I have planned for tomorrow.
Hope y’all enjoyed watching the beautiful Lunar Eclipse tonight.