It’s been a little while, so here’s a short “Sunday Reflection” post before I start my week…
Things I Learned:
1. If you force something, you’ll break it.
2. Baking soda is not baking powder.
3. Terrible people will succeed. Wonderful people will fail. The world isn’t fair.
4. There are no adults. Everyone is as clueless as you are.
5. Connections run the world.
6. Little things take up the most room in your heart.
7. Always ask people if they’re okay. To be honest, if you see someone hurting, it always helps to just ask them what is wrong. Yes, they may not open up or they may lie and say nothing is wrong, but they at least know someone is there for them and cares.
8. It’s a hundred times more difficult to burn calories than to refrain from consuming them in the first place.
9. Not everyone you lose is a loss.
10. You’re allowed to be sad. You’re allowed to be miserable, depressed, and variations thereof. But you’re also allowed to feel better.
What I Did Well: Trying new things and getting out of my comfort zone!
What I Can Do Better: Letting go. Of both things and people. “Letting go doesn’t mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” ~ Mandy Hale
Current Top “Most Listened To” Songs:
1. Rise Up by Andra Day
2. Waiting Game by Parson James
3. Peter Pan by Kelsea Ballerini
4. Thy Will by Hillary Scott & The Scott Family
5. Ledges by Noah Gundersen
6. Piece by Piece by Kelly Clarkson
7. i hate u, i love u by gnash ft. olivia o’brien
8. The God I Know by Love & The Outcome
9. Rive of Tears by Alessia Cara (along with her songs Wild Things and Scars to Your Beautiful)
10. Just Like Fire by P!nk
11. Empire by Ella Henderson (along with many of her songs –> Ghost, Glow, All Again, Give Your Heart Away, Hard Work, and Yours)
New Additions to My Book Shelf:
1. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
2. It’s Okay to Laugh (Crying Is Cool Too) by Nora McInerny Purmort
3. Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch
4. Where Is God When It Hurts? by Yancey
5. In the Water They Can’t See You Cry: A Memoir by Amanda Beard
6. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
What You Can Expect to Come: Make sure and watch Olympic Trials for women’s gymnastics tonight on NBC! Some of our Sooners are competing for a spot on the Olympic Team heading to Rio. OU’s Dowell, Nichols Set for U.S. Olympic Trials