Things I Learned:
1. Take your vitamins (preferably the chewable ones). 🙂
2. Passport pictures are worse than driver’s license pictures.
3. Don’t take anything, or anyone, for granted.
4. You’re not getting any younger.
5. Perspective is a beautiful thing.
6. Everyone has stress and it manifests in different ways.
7. It’s never too late to change.
8. What other people think of you is none of your business.
9. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up your present.
10. Remember, holy crap, REMEMBER that your worth is not contingent on anything.
What I Did Well:
1. Going with the flow and straying away from my schedule (however, I still prefer having my day planned out).
2. Mindfulness… It was introduced to me while I was in school and has honestly been truly helpful. It’s about focusing on allowing yourself to feel your feelings without becoming your emotions. (It’s a core skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy for BPD.)
3. Being open to learning new things.
What I Can Do Better:
Spend less time and money in the grocery store… (insert rolling eye emoji).
Current Top 15 “Most Listened To” Songs:
1. I Am Yours by Lauren Daigle
2. Fragile by Kygo & Labrinth
3. Take Me Home by Jess Glynne (also like her songs “Why Me” and “Ain’t Got Far to Go”)
4. Empty Prayers by Mary J. Blige
5. Mercy by Shawn Mendes
6. Human by Natalie Grant
7. You Make Me Brave by Bethel Music & Amanda Cook
8. Stay by Zedd & Alessia Cara
9. Just Stay Here Tonight by Augustana
10. Missile by Dorothy
11. Pray (ft. Rooty) by JRY
12. Say You Won’t Let Go by James Arthur
13. Soldier by Gavin DeGraw
14. Whole Heart by Gryffin & Bipolar Sunshine
15. Believer by Imagine Dragons
Newest Additions to My Bookshelf:
1. Who Says You Can’t? You Do by Daniel Chidiac
2. Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
3. Rising Strong by Brené Brown
4. The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
5. I Thought It Was Just Me (But It Isn’t) by Brené Brown