Things I Learned:
1. Explore. It’s good for the soul.
2. Some days it’s one day at a time, others it’s one minute at a time.
3. When it comes to donuts, resistance is futile.
4. You cannot control anybody else’s reactions. You can only control your response to them.
5. Even when you can’t understand how or why…life always goes on…
6. Sometimes you have to put things in the “I don’t know” folder. Awful stuff happens to everyone. Sometimes there’s an immediate silver lining. Sometimes there isn’t and at these times, you have to accept that some things just don’t make sense right now. And maybe they will later.
7. “Don’t knock it until you try it” does not apply to everything.
8. Others’ behaviors or attitudes rarely have to do with YOU. Hard to believe but true.
9. You will encounter moments when life seems utterly hopeless. They will pass.
10. A balanced life is a happy life.
11. The things that once mattered won’t nearly matter as much once time passes.
12. Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.13. Loving yourself is hard. Hating yourself is harder.
14. Crafting soothes the soul.
15. Never forget the people who are there for you in the dark and in the light. These people are your light. They will keep you going. They will hold your hand through every obstacle and every win. Don’t let them go.
What I Did Well:
1. I created an “affirmations” page. I made this page for the days when I want to write something but don’t necessarily feel I have enough to write a whole post. They are just random daily musings and inspirations.
2. Tuning into what I want, not what others want from/for/of me.
3. Spontaneity… I took a spontaneous road trip to the beach with a friend last weekend. If you know me at all, you know that I like to have everything planned right down to the minute. However, I’ve been pushing myself to say yes when an opportunity arises to do something that isn’t on my schedule.
What I Can Do Better:
Top 20 “Most Listened To” Songs:
1. Can’t Live Without – Hollyn
2. Better – Britt Nicole
3. Worthy – Jacob Banks
4. No Filter – Britt Nicole
5. Be the Change – Britt Nicole
6. Human – Rag’n’Bone Man
7. Broken Places – Plumb
8. Don’t Leave – Snakeships & MØ
9. She Used to Be Mine – Sara Bareilles
10. Beloved – Jordan Feliz
11. Scared to Be Lonely – Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa
12. Never Too Far Gone – Jordan Feliz
13. Don’t Deserve You – Plumb
14. At My Best – Machine Gun Kelly (ft. Hailee Steinfeld)
15. I Will Not Say Goodbye – Danny Gokey
16. Breathe – Lauv
17. How Did We – Skylar Stecker
18. Breakup in A Small Town – Sam Hunt
19. Lights Down Low – MAX ft. gnash
20. Happier – Ed Sheeran
Newest Additions to My Bookshelf:
1. Adulting: How to Become a Grown-Up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown
2. Hinds’ Feet On High Places by Hannah Hurnard
3. 31 Prayers for My Future Husband by Jennifer & Aaron Smith
4. Cupid is a Procrastinator by Kate Hurley
5. Wild and Free by Jess Connolly & Hayley Morgan
What You Missed:
1. My brother proposed to his girlfriend so now I have a future sister-in-law! EXCITING!! They’re so cute!2. I got a new job…. I’m terrified but thrilled and looking forward to new and different things.